Holiday aide-mémoire for Val d’Arly Mont-Blanc !
Before you leave
Warm clothes (sweaters, thin polo-neck jerseys, thermal underwear, etc)
Gloves or mittens ; scarf ; hat ; après-ski footwear
Sunglasses and/or ski goggles
Sun and after-sun cream !
1 or 2 games to amuse the children or for you to play in the evening
Camera and/or camcorder
Passport photos for your ski pass
Confirmation details of children’s ski lesson booking
Children’s health record
Ski hire (if you are bringing your own equipment, make sure that you have the fixings adjusted professionally)
Transfers from train station/airport to resort
Insurance (possible to buy this with your ski pass)
A few suggestions
- Ask at the tourist office for a programme of events during your stay !
- Book a Savoyard speciality evening in one of the resort’s restaurants
- Plan a snowshoe outing on the trails that have been created
- Organise an afternoon’s cross-country skiing
- Try one of the new sliding sports (yooner, snowscooter, skibike, taxiski…)
- Or perhaps enjoy a dog-sledding adventure…
- Hire a sledge from one of the resort’s sports shops and slide down the slopes in the designated sledging areas!
- Hire skates and slide on the ice for a new “ice” sensation
- Book a paragliding flight and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the resort
- Take lots of photos to remind you of your holiday
- Share your experience on our Facebook page