Little chapel located at the place known as L'Abbaye and which is part of the Oratory and Cross itinerary.
Pretty waterfall located between Flumet and La Giettaz, on the side of the D-road. It also bears the nickname of the Bride’s Veil. Le Dard is the name of the mountain river, stopped mid-flow by a slate cliff.
The Roman boundary marker of l'Avenaz is one of the Val d'Arly's ancient remains. An excuse for good walkers to discover this and the other two Roman boundary markers - Le Jaillet and the Petit Croisse-Baulet (7 hrs walk).
The church at La Giettaz, dedicated to St Pierre-aux-Liens, was rebuilt in the mid-19th century to replace the previous 14th century building. Its bulb-shaped belltower and its furnishings make it a fine example of late baroque Savoyard style.
Saturday 22 août 2020 at 13H30
The Cooperative will propose before the arrival of cyclists, a demonstration of cheese making, with tasting of freshly made white tomme and Reblochon made in our manufacturing workshops in Val d'Arly in Flumet.
The Roman boundary marker at the Jaillet pass is one of Val d'Arly's rarest ancient remains. Together with the markers of the Petit Croisse Baulet and L'Avenaz, they offer the excuse for a themed walk open to good walkers (7 hrs walking).
The Virgin of Alpine Farms is a statue that was built by alpine farmers in 1956, situated at an altitude of 1800 m. She is believed to protect the farmers, their animals and the whole village. Possible to hike via the Route du Plan to reach the statue.
The Petit Croisse-Baulet Roman boundary marker is one of Val d’Arly’s ancient remains. An ideal excuse for good walkers to explore this together with the other two markers of Le Jaillet and L’Avenaz (7 hrs walking).
Between the "Col des Aravis" and the "Chalet du Curé", you will find an orientation table to know everything about the surrounding mountains.
Cette chapelle, située au col des Aravis, est dédiée à sainte Anne, patronne des voyageurs. Erigée en 1650 elle est reconstruite vers 1765 par le curé de La Giettaz.Bien que située sur la commune de la Clusaz, elle est entretenue par les deux paroisses.
Display of traditional Savoie costumes, a woodwork workshop and a snow themed exhibition: skis, sledges, bob sleighs. Possibility of visit during village tour on Friday mornings.
At the north of the Aravis pass, the "Porte des Aravis" is an imposing opening in the middle of the crest. Its aspect can be compared to a hole in a row of teeth. This geologic curiosity is associated to the legend of Gargantua.
The Aravis mountain range stretches 25 km from north to south, from Bonneville to Ugine, with its highest point, the Pointe Percée, at 2752 m. It is between the Bornes mountains to the west and the Arve and Arly valleys to the east.
Mountain pass (alt: 1498m) – means of passage between Savoie and Haute Savoie. Magnificent views over Mont-Blanc. Alpine meadows, hiking trails, restaurants…
Villa Jeanne d’Arc, built between 1908-1914, is the first example of La Giettaz’s legacy as a resort. Initially a hotel on the Route des Grandes Alpes, then a rest home and finally a preventatorium, it traces the evolution of tourism in the village.
A superb peak, an exceptional balcony overlooking the Aravis mountains. Its mind-boggling 360° views are worth seeing. The peak is one of the features on the Pays du Mont-Blanc et des Balcons de l’Arly hiking tour, following the length of the ridge.
The Virgin of Le Châtelard can be reached by an easy, short walk (1 hr – 3.2 km, 700m difference in altitude) from the Col des Aravis. The ramble offer lovely views over the Arondine valley, Aravis and Mont-Blanc mountains.
The chapel of Le Plan was built at the end of the 1860s at the initiative of Abbé J.M. Jiguet and the local residents. Blessed in 1870 under the protection of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, the chapel is in neo-gothic style.
The Oratoire des Clapières is the only wayside cross to have escaped the destruction of the Revolution : it is the oldest in Val d’Arly. Situated on the Route des Chalets, its name comes from “clapier” meaning pile of stone.