Our Lady of Lourdes oratory - Les Critobles

  • Historic site and monument
  • Religious heritage
  • 19th C
Le Dodécagone, Avenue de Savoie, 73590 Flumet
Also known as the Critobles Oratory, this oratory has a zinc-covered roof with four sides topped by an iron cross, with the letters P&B engraved in the centre : on the right there is a little stone font.
Above the alcove is an inscription : “His Greatness Monseigneur Isoard (1879-1901), Bishop of Annecy, grants 40 days of indulgences to anyone passing this oratory who recites the following prayers : Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us and protect all travellers, then say 3 Ave Maria. Blessed on 14 September 1894”.
Inside, a plaster statue (60cm) of Notre Dame de Lourdes, 2 iron chandeliers, 3 vases, a statue of St Joseph (30 cm), another statue of St John the Baptist with his napsack on his back and a broken right arm, a wooden Christ, a cherub.
Story : according to a photo showing the oratory with the Manant slate quarry in the background, this oratory was originally higher up and on the other side of the road.

Openings

All year 2026 - Open everyday

Location

Our Lady of Lourdes oratory - Les Critobles
Le Dodécagone, Avenue de Savoie, 73590 Flumet

Environment

Environment
  • Lake view
  • Mountain location
  • Lake 5 km away
  • River 5 km away
  • Village 2 km away
Updated on 15 June 2018 at 15:14
by Office de Tourisme du Val d'Arly
(Offer identifier : 531109)
Report mistake
Filter search
Page types
  • All
  • Articles
  • Agenda
  • Lists