The oratory of the Clapières is built of cut stone and erected before the Revolution, above the niche is the date 1782.
Under the ridge purlin is indicated 1879, probably the date of the repair of the roof.
To the left is a small stoup carved from a round stone.
Under the revolution all oratories were to be razed by the municipalities.
The Oratory of Clapières escaped this because it was hidden under a pile of wood and branches.
It used to contain several statues of Holy Bishops carved in wood hence its other name
“The Chapel of the Wooden Saints.”